Monday, December 21, 2009

Confessions of a ski-bum Mom.


My house is a mess and likely will stay that way until the end of April.


Though the snowblower is still broken, my skis are tuned.


While I'm president, the PTA has a powder clause.


My kids don't know it, but when it's dumping I'm hoping that school will not be cancelled.


Any of this sound familiar? I thought so.


Friday the 11th was my first day on skis and it snowed the night before and all morning. Lower mountain trails like Lixis Twist and Moonshine were opened for the first time this season and the skiing was great! I was ebullient and sore and smiling and stiff that night. What a way to start the season!


I'm quite convinced that once it starts snowing again, it won't stop, so consider joining us for our W's Ski Discovery Camp, January 13 -15. Also, Saturday January 16th is our first annual Ladies night at Allyn's Lodge. Hike up or ride the cushy cabin cat, wine and dine, then ski or ride down in the dark! Super fun and delicious.
See you on the mountain!
Bear




No comments:

Post a Comment